We have an Advanced Physiotherapy Practitioner who you can speak to if you have a muscle, bone or joint problem. She can assess and diagnose any musculoskeletal conditions, provide you with an explanation of your condition, appropriate exercises and discuss management options. This may include referral to your local Physiotherapy department for ongoing physiotherapy, pain management advice, X-ray or referral for a specialist opinion.
She can help with:
- Muscle, bone or joint pain
- Back pain / Sciatica
- Neck pain / Whiplash
- Joint pain & stiffness including knee/ shoulder, wrist and hand pain and osteoarthritis
- Muscle or tendon pain e.g. tennis elbow, achilles tendon pain
- Sprains or strains e.g. knee / ankle sprain, calf strain
- Weakness / de-conditioning after injury or surgery
- Loss of confidence with movement and physical activity.
Our physiotherapist is called Linda and you can book an appointment on a Thursday afternoon or all day Friday.
Help with foot care.
This is now based at Penicuik Health Centre and you can self refer. Ask at reception for more details.